Saturday, 23 March 2013

New Bike

Yesterday, on the way home from Sufferfest, I fell off my bike at a roundabout. I stopped, then as I went to pedal, the wheel didn't turn and I was just left spinning. With no momentum, and being clipped, in I fell embarrassingly on to the pavement.

So today, I went to my friendly bike shop for a pre-Le Jog service and they told me (as I suspected) that it basically won't make it. He kindly phoned around other Norwich shops to see if there were any wheels that I could buy and was very helpful. New wheels (they annoyingly come in pairs) would cost about £150; therefore, I went to another shop and spent a lot more than that on a new bike. Now I am extremely excited, but also nervous because I'm scared of breaking this one.

I also bought a new waterproof jacket and waterproof gloves as the forecast for the first three days is 20+ mph head winds and heavy rain. Should be fun. At least my bike should last the trip (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment